RD CDE for Clinical Trial – Redwood California
At Novo Connections, we’re invested in your success at every step along your career journey. With your dedicated healthcare recruiter, we can help find ample opportunities to use your talents, do what you love, and create the life you want. Contact your recruiter below.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a cutting edge Biotechnology company consulting on a clinical trial!
Title: Dietician / Diabetes Educator
Consultant – 20+ hours per week for 6 months
Report to: Executive Medical Director, Clinical Science
Dept: Clinical Science
Scope of Work:
- Incorporate a comprehensive education plan encompassing nutrition, exercise, blood glucose monitoring and risks of poorly controlled diabetes.
- Create a detailed nutrition plan and prepare relevant patient educational materials for the sites.
- Provide individual nutritional assessment and counseling on any dietary issues and healthy eating habits.
- Maintains current knowledge of diabetes and CDE certification.
- Provides site staff education related to diabetes. Teaches clearly and effectively.
- Application of the Nutrition Care Process including competition of the nutrition assessment, determination of nutrition diagnosis, development, and implementation of nutrition interventions
- Monitoring and evaluation of the meal compliance from meal entered in the database by the patients.
- May need to travel, once in a month, if needed.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process and ability to apply all steps of the process comprehensive knowledge and application of nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy.
- RN, RD or pharmacist with training and minimum of 2 years’ experience pertinent to Diabetes Self- Management Education and Support
- Certified Diabetes Care Educator Specialist (CDCES) or Board- Certified Advance Specialized clinical knowledge in diabetes and behavioral change principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally. Effective communication is Spanish is desirable.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Duplicate.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and adapt to changing environments as necessary.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality.
Compensation: $47.45 per hour.
Contact your recruiter today!
Refer someone and earn $500!